Considered Putting On Nuget?

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Hey

I am wondering if there is any plans for putting "System.Net.FtpClient" up on nuget to make it easier to update to newer version(and be notified when newever versions come out?"

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2011 at 9:36 PM

This is the first I've heard of it, I'll take a look.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM
jptrosclair wrote:

This is the first I've heard of it, I'll take a look.

Oh

Here is some links then

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/27077b70-9dad-4c64-adcf-c7cf6bc9970c

http://nuget.codeplex.com/

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2011 at 2:04 AM

I've been reading and playing around with nuget. It's pretty neat though I haven't really got a good enough feel for it yet to be comfortable with publishing a package. I'll most definitely dig further and look into releasing a real package probably after I get the async connect finalized and a few other under the hood changes completed I need to do.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM
jptrosclair wrote:

I've been reading and playing around with nuget. It's pretty neat though I haven't really got a good enough feel for it yet to be comfortable with publishing a package. I'll most definitely dig further and look into releasing a real package probably after I get the async connect finalized and a few other under the hood changes completed I need to do.

Ya no rush. It's just something to consider. I believe that nuget is the future of how people get 3rd party libraries(it's the first thing I search when looking for 3rd party library).

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Any update on whether this is going on Nuget?

If not, would you accept contributions and I'll create the nuspec for this and include in the source? The only overhead is that when you push a new version out, you also have to rev up the version on the nuspec file (xml), and send the updated bits and nuspec to the Nuget gallery.

Let me know your thoughts.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I'm OK with it, send me the nuspec and I'll dig into it, maybe tomorrow depending on how the day plays out.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Package is now up on nuget.org.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Also, since I'm new to nuget, if you guys have any suggestions about the way it's packaged please feel free to send them my way.
Apr 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM
awesome...will check it out.