namespace WindowsFormsApplication1
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

}
    }
}
I references the dll from the downloaded file (System.Net.FtpClient.13.01.25\bin\Release\System.Net.FtpClient.dll) in my solution, but when I tried to compile it throws out error

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'FtpClient' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Net' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Lemur\AppData\Local\Temporary Projects\WindowsFormsApplication1\Form1.cs 9 18 WindowsFormsApplication1

Warning 2 The referenced assembly "System.Net.FtpClient" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. WindowsFormsApplication1

I'm using Visual C# 2010
Any help will be appreciated, tq
Mar 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I've been trying for 2 days, and I've just figured it out based on a hunch.

For anyone with similar problems, go to project properties, in the Application tab, change Target Framework from ".NET Framework Client Profile" to ".NET Framework"