client.Capabilities.HasFlag error

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM
I'm using VS2008 and SSIS, which == .net 2.0

I've downloaded netftp-42c0fce0ae2ddfd31e8280955825e99214130303, assuming it to be fit for the purpose, but I'm getting an error on GetChecksum.cs, "client.Capabilities.HasFlag".

What am I doing wrong?
BTW, I do databases for a living, so I'm fairly ignorant in all things VS/.NET.

TIA

Peter
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM
I'm guessing that's coming from the Examples project. The .HasFlag() method is not supported on enums in .net 2.0, if I recall correctly. You should unload and remove all projects from your solution except System.Net.FtpClient.NET2. Let me know where things stand after that. If you get an error building the code I need the exact Project, File and Line Number.

For what it's worth I don't know how this code will work in SSIS. I've never used it and never even considered it being a place it would used. Not saying it won't work, just don't know how well it will work. You're kinda on your own there.
Mar 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM
It should work just fine, once the dll is registerede in the GAC, but for now I am using VS2008 and just testing.

Here is what I've done so far:

1) Downloaded System.Net.FtpClient.14.01.07.zip

2) Extracted it to a folder on my local hd

3) Created a new solution in VS

4) Added the project System.Net.FtpClient.NET2

5) Tried to compile but got a bunch of errors, because the Extension files

C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\GetChecksum.cs
C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\MD5.cs
C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\XCRC.cs
C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\XMD5.cs
C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\XSHA1.cs
C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\XSHA256.cs
C:\Develop\SystemNetFtpClient\source\Extensions\XSHA512.cs

appear to be missing from the project / zip file.
Mar 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM
jptrosclair: Could you please have a look at my previous reply and advise on a course of action?

TIA

Peter
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Download the latest source code from the source code page.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Yes, the extensions source code is missing from the ZIP file. It will be fixed in the when I do another release, if you want to build from source (which you have to for .net 2.0) then download the source tree from the Source Code tab as I stated. That's your only option. I've tested and the .net 2.0 project builds fine and links fine against another .net 2.0 project. If you have any problems with SSIS I can't help; I don't use it and can't test it.