This project is read-only.

Unit Testability

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Is there currently or any plan to add functionality for unit testing?  For example, I use Moq mocking framework and it would very helpful to have an interface for FtpClient.  Right now I can't test my logic without connecting to an actual FTP site.  Or instead of an interface, making FtpClient a partial class, so I can extend my own created interface.

Or if there already is functionality like this, can you point me in the correct direction.

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

There is no way to test System.Net.FtpClient without connecting to a server. I'm not familiar with Moq so with that said the only way I can see building test functionality into the project would be to implement code to emulate a real server and that's outside of what I can currently afford to do in terms of time and effort by myself. I think it would be great to be able to run tests without a server but I wouldn't expect to see anything available in the near future. With that said, I currently run a local server on my development machines for testing.