This project is read-only.

550 Command MLSD failed

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM
The following code was working succesfully, suddenly the message from the FTP server is 550 Command MLSD failed, any ideas?
Also, the local reference for download is not working, any ideas?
One last question: The datatype how to fixed to binary all time. 

Using cl As New System.Net.FtpClient.FtpClient("user", "pswd", "ftp", 990)
cl.KeepAliveInterval = 360
AddHandler cl.SecurityNotAvailable, New System.Net.FtpClient.SecurityNotAvailable(AddressOf OnSecurityNotAvailable)
AddHandler cl.InvalidCertificate, New System.Net.FtpClient.FtpInvalidCertificate(AddressOf OnInvalidCertficate)
For Each item As System.Net.FtpClient.FtpListItem In cl.GetListing("/Outgoing")
If Not cl.HasCapability(System.Net.FtpClient.FtpCapability.MLSD) AndAlso cl.HasCapability(System.Net.FtpClient.FtpCapability.MDTM) Then
Dim modify As DateTime = cl.GetLastWriteTime(String.Format("/Outgoing/{0}", item.Name))
If modify <> DateTime.MinValue Then
	item.Modify = modify
End If
End If
If item.type.File And item.Name.StartsWith("Returns") Then
AddHandler cl.TransferProgress, New System.Net.FtpClient.FtpTransferProgress(AddressOf OnTransferProgress)
cl.Download("/Outgoing/" + item.Name.ToString)
'' cl.Download("/Outgoing/" + item.Name.ToString, "C:\")
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(item.Name)
End If
Next
End Using

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Has something changed on the server? Did you change the revision of System.Net.FtpClient that you're using? Sounds like something has changed on the server but it's hard to say without more information.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Just downloaded the latest source code, still with the same issue. The FTP server has not changed, based on the network administrator. Is there any log needed, so I can search for it. The code was working wornderful, just pending the additional questions. Any support will be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM

You can setup the transaction log per the examples included with the source code and the examples in the CHM download. I can't find any problems with the MLSD code. If the code just quit working out of the blue (i.e., you didn't change anything) then something has to have changed with the server. Maybe it's a permissions issue, I don't know. Is there a way you can get a more detailed log from the server about why it's giving the 5xx reply?